Saturday 22 June 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | June 22 | DonInLondon | Step 6 "Let Go"



June 22 2013: step six in mind… "When I was finally diagnosed type I diabetes, I found out why and how I managed to get it at the age of fifty. My dentist told me it was better to remove a tooth, rather than try repair it. As a consequence I got an infection and then a virus after the tooth extraction. The virus apparently was the cause of the type I diabetes, according to my diabetes consultant, a one and 1 million chance… Acceptance was the key!" Mind you, my general practitioner thought my symptoms were fanciful and a consequence of only being three years sober. I had become diabetic for over a year before I was diagnosed as a result of this… Meanwhile… If you're feeling unwell, and you have symptoms, persist until you get a proper diagnosis, because everyone, including professionals can be wrong!

Step six can help us deal with our own defects of character, ego, pride and fear being the primary culprits. And of course we need to be aware of the defects of others, that they have their own problems and prejudices. And in this regard, it is always a good idea to talk to somebody sensible and see whether or not we are leading ourselves on because others do not know their backside from their elbows… Oh and by the way, my dentist was very sorry and I accepted his apology, it was one of those things that happens…

Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Six Collection" June 22 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 6, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: