Thursday 27 June 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | June 26 | DonInLondon | Step 6 "Let Go"



June 26 2013: step six in mind… "All about growing up… Somehow we got bent out of shape by events and nurturing. And then to top it off, a desire to obliterate reality and live in a world of dreams which then became nightmares. I was a happy drunk at the beginning because it meant I did not have to face up to reality. Very often: H. A. L. T. haunted me, but I really didn't know what it meant to be hungry, angry, lonely and tired, because I used alcohol as my personal friend and medication…"

What is it like to be in this new world of reality? It did feel very daunting and frightening because I couldn't shut it out. And today, living reality? I would not want it any other way, I need to learn my feelings every day as they occur, so I can understand how to live real life on life's terms. Emotional maturity does not take the sting out of the bad and ugly, it does make the good, really good today…

Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Six Collection" June 26 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 6, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: