Friday 28 June 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | June 28 | DonInLondon | Step 6 "Let Go"



June 28 2013: step six in mind… "Anger and resentment! Expectations are resentments under construction. Other people will make mistakes about us, other people will get in the way of what we need and want." Needs met, wants forgotten. Basic needs and gratitude help put perspective on any problem today. Writing a gratitude list may seem like a lame exercise? What am I grateful for first and foremost? 1.Alive and kicking. 2.sober and my emotional state understood. 3.living in the moment of now. 4.knowing what I can do and cannot do today and the wisdom to know the difference. 5.I'm one of the lucky ones, and learning who I am one day at a time. 6.just because I think I know the answer, I could be wrong! 7.acceptance in the moment of now, means I can let go all the other bollocks which gets in the way of being grateful today…

I do not want to be hurt or angry about anything today, it can happen and when I'm hurting, the likelihood is somebody else's hurting just as much as me. Or whilst I am hurt, the other parties are unaware of it unless I tell them. So I can tell them about it and share, and also know all they are capable of understanding is that it is not their fault, and so ignore me and my hurt. This is okay with me, letting go of people who hurt others and ourselves, opens the door to good people and good experiences. Live and let live, let go and let happiness prevail…



Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Six Collection" June 28 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 6, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: