Thursday 17 July 2014

Alcoholics Anonymous Blog & Video July 17 2014

Alcoholics Anonymous Blog & Video | July 17 2014

 

July 17 Video

 

Courage to change; faith in doing the next right thing and the confidence to keep trying new ways of living one day at a time. Contingent on the current conditions today, I need to know how do I feel about living in the moment of now. A self-appraisal of: how am I feeling, why and what can I do about it? When I pause long enough to ask myself these three basic questions, my feelings, why I feel this way, and what can I do will guide me in my thinking and actions in the moment of now.

 

Keeping faith with myself and having the courage to change and find the confidence to challenge, asking the simple question in the serenity prayer: can do cannot do and wisdom to know the difference, will always be helpful. Living in society at any level can be a very lonely business, because we are taught the consequences if we are not able to stand on our own two feet, suck it up, or simply admit we need help. Asking for help in Fellowship is critical. Understanding our own limits and vulnerabilities is equally important to survival or we find ourselves back in the mire of isolation. We can start with a small amount of anger and resentment which if it goes unchecked will lead to stress, distress and ultimately the risk of insanity all over again.

 

Expectations, entitlements, anticipation of help will undermine serenity in anyone. Better to start with our expectations and entitlements at zero every single day, or we fall into the trap of believing something is due without any effort or without any help. I suspect I'm going to get quizzed very shortly on what happened when I asked for help and how I ended up where I am today. The only reason I survived some very difficult times was going with the flow of what could be done, rather than the entitlement in law I was due. If I had persevered with a legal frame of mind, I might have been right and entitled, I know however the world is not fair and is unable to be fair to everyone. Going with the flow, enables choices not only for myself but for the rest of the world with whom I interact. And the rest of the world will not be persuaded by legal rights and responsibilities. Sometimes everyone is powerless, until of course we sit down and try work out the can do and cannot do in the moment of now.

 

Even when people want to advocate on our behalf, and there have been a few, when we are met with a concrete edifice which refuses to engage let alone explain itself, sometimes we need to walk around the obstacle and carry on. We can be righteous and correct, and at the same time get nowhere and it's important to decide which route to take to achieve anything at all. Choices in the moment of now are far better than being stuck in hell, especially when hell is being ruled by others. Having walked out of my own personal hell, everywhere there are opportunities to join in with other people in their hell. Having said that, we can always find a way to walk out of hell together. Never heaven, or a haven, simply the promise of better outcomes one day at a time.

 

Step Seven Video 12 And 12

Step Seven Video 12 And 12

 

Alcoholics Anonymous Videos, AA is for Alcoholics, AA 12 Steps, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: