Saturday 19 July 2014

Alcoholics Anonymous Blog & Video July 19 2014

Alcoholics Anonymous Blog & Video July 19 2014

 

July 19 Video

Step six: trying to control the world, fear pride and ego kicking off can be a real issue causing self-doubt and most dangerously it can lead to self-harm. Step seven: letting go, understanding and acceptance that life will keep on changing and changing again. Never fear what people do around us because they too need their freedom to choose what is going to work for them. Love people as they are, even when they may be disappearing into a new world. As one door closes, many doors are open.

 

I needed a meeting and fortunately for me, it is on my doorstep. All about the spiritual experience: feeling life in the moment of now, no matter what emotions are coming up, they guide our thinking. Step six feelings of pride ego and fear will make any day quite dark, step seven feelings of courage, faith and confidence will lead to acceptance, and it may take more than one day as we let go, and new beginnings are possible.

 

After the meeting, my favourite pastime of mooching and taking photographs of people was my aim. Just before the meeting, outside Chelsea town Hall, people getting married and photographs being taken. As the bride and groom crossed the road to where I was standing at the entrance to our meeting, I was clapping, applauding their new life. We had a great conversation, and I shared my joy at seeing them happy and they wondered what I was doing at the back door of the Methodist Church. I said I was a friend of Bill, and they had friends of Bill in their lives as well. And we all agreed new beginnings can happen any time. What a start to my meeting! You never know what will happen when you engage people for any reason or no reason at all.

 

And then the meeting reminded me how important it is to start the day with expectations set to zero and then see what happens. Some things can disturb us, and we feel let go and loss and then a chance meeting with new people. And new people in the meeting as well. Not everybody having a good day, some restarting and recommitting to one day at a time. Some experiencing great joy simply being sober and accepting that life on life's terms is forever changing and never controlled as we might wish.

 

When I was mooching and taking photos, engaging in conversations with artists, what they see and how they express it through their work is so different and yet always comes from the heart. Some with an eye to detail, some expressing as Impressionists. All painting and developing an image from the heart. Always from the heart, the feeling in the moment of now, or once the painting is completed the feelings in that moment of now. I guess this is why I love photographing London and people in the moment of now. I have gratitude and perspective. Letting go opens up the world for everyone to be free to make the right choices for themselves and that is all about step seven and acceptance of the spiritual experience always in the ever present, imperfectly perfect moment of now.

 

Step Seven Video 12 And 12

Step Seven Video 12 And 12

 

Alcoholics Anonymous Videos, AA is for Alcoholics, AA 12 Steps, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: