Wednesday 2 July 2014

Alcoholics Anonymous Blog & Video | July 2 2014 | Step Seven

Alcoholics Anonymous Blog & Video | July 2 2014 | Step Seven

 

 

July 2 Video Step Seven

 

Right or Happy? What do I need to be today? In the big picture of life, trying to be right or trying to be happy can be very trying. We cannot be something or try to be something which will inevitably lead to a head full of self-righteousness which then is built on our emotional pride and ego. Pride, ego and fear can make anyone anywhere very unhappy. At the same time we can be right and happy! It's all about how to let go.

 

Right or happy? Some of my problems have been created by local government, local authorities who have had to get my landlord to initiate and undertake repairs in my abode. The repairs are ongoing, at the same time there are still things which have been done which have not resolved the issues and the bastards have made a mess. Actually they are not bastards at all, some repairs are good, but damage done could spoil my outlook. Right or happy: I am right and I could be self-righteous, at the same time letting go the damage, and accepting I deal with matters helps me let go and become more myself. Letting go is a process, it takes time. I am right and happy right now.

 

Julys step seven month for me, step seven is my shortcomings or things I need to develop. And it does not mean that I can attain a level or pass an exam and then be okay. Step seven is like driving a car, you understand the concept of: courage to change, faith in doing the next right thing, and enough confidence to keep on trying. With step seven, you get a licence to practice: courage, faith and confidence. And like driving a car, you can get better at it, become very proficient and yet there is a risk of accident, and then a need for recovery. Every day step seven, like driving a car, courage, faith and confidence, can be good one day, and bad the next.

 

"May your God go with you," this was something said and I heard it and it made sense to me. Seven billion people on the planet, each developing an understanding of God. And I would not interfere with the beliefs of another person when it comes to their understanding. When I was asked to lead a group at the end of the meeting with the serenity prayer, I said, "to the God of your choosing." For me, God is truth, love and wisdom. And I try to surrender to truth, love and wisdom each day. So, letting go is much easier when I live with truth and love as principles in how I treat myself and other people. Step seven: courage to change, faith in doing the next right thing, and confidence develops far more quickly, with truth and love in my heart for myself and anyone I encounter today.

 

I am no guru, or teacher, when it comes to step seven. Defects of character: fear, pride and ego, which underpin extremes some people call the seven deadly sins can come out to play at any time. That is because I'm human, having a human experience. And step seven, shortcomings: courage, faith and confidence which underpin what some call seven virtues can make for a better life, providing there is foundation of truth and love in my actions. Let go and let God? Getting to the truth, love and wisdom of now requires a lot of effort, which is why I see the shortcomings in me every single day. Life is full of potholes, bumps, traumas, and yet it is still a beautiful world one day at a time.

 

Step Seven Video 12 And 12

Step Seven Video 12 And 12

 

Alcoholics Anonymous Videos, AA is for Alcoholics, AA 12 Steps, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: